Contoured Restrictions

Contoured Restrictions
Contoured Restrictions

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Final semester of year 1!

I have come back after Easter knowing we had not long left before our end of year assessment, but I was very stuck.

I had been sewing and really enjoying the indexical markings that I'd been producing, through using the sewing machine on different fabrics. 

Over Easter I discovered a fabric commonly used in Textiles that dissolves in water. 
In earlier work in the year I had been trying to use the material to change the property another material. The processes of the material dissolving is magical to see, and each time I am mesmerised. 
So this term I am going to use the fabric to see how it can work for me and my work at the moment.

Im realising however, that using my sewing machine is very time consuming and I am already pushed for time. 

Here are some pictures of me working with the material:






No comments:

Post a Comment