Contoured Restrictions

Contoured Restrictions
Contoured Restrictions

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hanne Darboven- Camden Arts Centre

Hanne Darboven- Camden Arts Centre
Visited: 21/01/2012


This was the first exhibition of just Darboven's work in the UK. As I had revisited her work and concepts over the last three years I was excited to finally see her work in person. 
I wanted to see how she makes the marks that make up the core of her work, were they dominant confident lines or light feathery lines? 


The work was presented as structured and uniformed as her work is.








I came to find her work unexplainable, although I realise its about documenting data, the work displayed showed none of her real talent for the beauty of line like I had thought it would. 


I consequentially didn't enjoy this exhibition as much as I was hope too.


No comments:

Post a Comment