Contoured Restrictions

Contoured Restrictions
Contoured Restrictions

Tuesday 24 January 2012

London Art Fair- Business Design Centre

London Art Fair- Business Design Centre
Visited: 21/01/2012


The London Art Fair was in Islington and easy to get to on the tube. Having been to the Frieze art fair before I had some idea how large it would be and how many dealers would be there. 


I saw some work that I had only viewied on the Internet but enjoyed having the opportunity to ask the dealers about the artist (Chris Kenny and Susie MacMurry). Talking to the dealer was a fabulous opportunity to understand the process and understanding what the artist goes though and what they are like as people, as well as practitioners. 


As I walked around I was lucky enough to see Charles Saatchi and Nigel Lawson, his wife. I was interested to see how he would respond or dismiss certain works, so consequentially followed him for a while. I did however decide he might start to notice so I snuck off. 




Other pieces I enjoyed:
 Susie MacMurry- Two stretched hairnets 2011

 Susie MacMurry- Animus 2011



Ruth Waller & Lee Hewett- Cadmium 2

No comments:

Post a Comment